* Drive the development and maintenance of the DevOps best practice and capability across SNE
* Provide mentoring and guidance to the Ops and Engineering teams
* Develop, implement and maintain software automation to improve products and services
* Prepare clear and concise process documentation describing how networks, infrastructure, products and services operate
* Carry out in-depth and critical analysis of vendor/open source technologies and provide contingency options to ensure a streamlined integration/delivery
* Make technology investment and business asset recommendations and assessments based on extensive knowledge of new and emerging technologies
* Review and provide input into the 'product infrastructure' plans and directions (roadmap)
Skills and experience:
* Excellent knowledge of Linux based environments
* Must have hands-on experience on Redhat Openshift installation, configuration and maintenance.
* Automation skills are a must using python, shell scripting etc.
* Excellent knowledge of working with DevOps tools such as - Bamboo, Jira, BitBucket/GitLab, SonarQube, Coverity, Artifactory/Nexus etc.
* Good knowledge on document-oriented databases like Elasticsearch, Couchbase etc.
* Knowledge on security protocols like TLS, HTTPS, LDAPS is preferred.
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, and Puppet etc. will also be looked upon favourably.
* Knowledge of Big Data technologies is preferred but not mandatory.
- Excellent time management skills to meet the required project timeframes
- Able to manage and prioritise workload to optimise business results
- Able to work as part of a tight-knit team, taking on feedback
- Able to think strategically while developing technology solutions
* Demonstrated technology subject matter expertise.
* Familiarity with technology hands on configuration.
* Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
* Able to comprehend and deliver to a schedule.
* Ability to work under pressure to deliver to near-term deadlines.
Based in Melbourne