Join an international consultancy to work on a national suite of work with a national telecomms business.
- Continuously identifying further software engineering improvements to increase maturity of the feature teams
- Design and implement CI/CD pipelines (leveraging work done by other teams)
- Design and implement automated test frameworks (leveraging work done by other teams)
- Design and implement integration into change management, monitoring, alarming and other systems as needed
- Design and implement non-functional capabilities required by security and other operational groups such as static code analysis (leveraging work done by other teams)
- Practice pair programming, Test Driven Development (TDD) and Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) for all deliverables.
- Provide subject matter expertise in Cloud Native Development on Amazon Web Services
- Along with the product owners, identify problems with value delivery caused by the monolithic nature of the applications, and identify the specific value proposition decoupling will provide
- Along with the product owners, conduct experiments with real customers to validate each hypothesis, and implement measurement of value metrics. Share the customer interviews with the team so they fully understand the problem and the proposed solutions
- Actively participate in cutting stories so that they can be delivered rapidly
- Write all acceptance criteria as automated tests
- Professional knowledge of Information Technology with extensive experience in delivery of technical components of large complex IT projects
- Knowledge and skills in developing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools and practices and experience in such tools as Jenkins, Bamboo, GIT, Jira, Docker
- Knowledge and skills in developing test automation frameworks
- An understanding of modern LEAN software engineering approaches
- Very high diagnostic & problem solving skills with demonstrable experience resolving complex technical issues.
- Working knowledge of Cloud Native development on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Pivotal Cloud Foundry. Experience with other Cloud vendors such as MS Azure also considered
- Lives and breathes REST, JSON and service oriented and event driven architectures
- Strong working knowledge of Linux, familiarity with containers such as Docker
- Demonstrate strong coding skills - examples or skills in extreme programming, pair programming, test-driven development are highly desirable