Our client, a well-recognised Global Consulting company are seeking a Devops Engineer to join their team in January 2018 on an initial 6 month contract in Brisbane CBD.
- Using scripting and/or development skills for DevOps, process improvement and automation initiatives.
- Developing deep working knowledge of the application architecture and wider enterprise architecture, and using it to provide technical advice to supported teams.
- Creating and Managing automated application builds, deployments and test validation.
- Automating environment setup, including setup of application pre-requisites, application configuration, deployment and shakedown.
- Managing source control branching, build definitions and other environment related files in TFS.
- Conducting and coordinating investigation of environment issues through to resolution with multiple development and support teams across the enterprise.
- Experience with code build, packaging and deployment systems and processes, e.g. TFS Build, TFS Release Manager, Grunt.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and application lifecycle management.
- Experience in PowerShell scripting or similar.
- Experience with cloud technologies, particularly CDN, WAF or IaaS.
- Experience supporting operations within large scale enterprise IT environments, consisting of technologies such as message queues, mainframe, load balancing, firewalls and web proxies.
- Understanding of networking concepts, including TCP/IP and HTTP protocols.
- Knowledge of source control systems and concepts, e.g. TFVC, Git
- Familiarity with Server admin on Windows / IIS / .NET/MS SQL Stack.
- Good general technical aptitude - ability and to apply existing technical knowledge to grasp unfamiliar technologies and complex systems.
- Quick learner - ability to learn, understand and remember new technical skills
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. Apply Now! Or for a confidential discussion for more information please contact Rachael Byrnes or Carrie Watts on 07 3319 7555.