About the Role:
Provide technical expertise in deploying Fast Payments assets (PAID) to new infrastructure platforms, including the uplift of those platforms, and automation of build and deployment processes. This role will use your strong technical skills to:
- Design and develop the code and structure for CI/CD, enabling infrastructure as code.
- Help our development teams migrate to the cloud by codifying the cloud controls in tooling & patterns. The role is to perform a development for the Payments Warehouse team, automating their delivery pipeline and providing input to pipeline technical design choices.
- Keep up-to-date with new tools and technologies relevant to the Service and proactively promote new tools and methodologies adoption.
- Resolve technical barriers and roadblocks impacting delivery teams.
- Promoting cloud-native architectures, designs and development techniques for new and existing systems.
- Design & creation of deployment tooling including CI/CD pipelines, frameworks, libraries, repositories.
- Be a go to person for Developers, QA and SRE team members for troubleshooting.
- Track delivery outcomes against key performance indicators and provide reporting to the Senior DevOps & Automation Consultant.
Key Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years software development (JAVA preferred) experience
- 2+ years working with public cloud (AWS / Azure preferred).
- Experience in software development and deployment automation in Terraform. Python/Jython, Java, or similar also beneficial.
- Engineering CI/CD pipeline automation, tooling (Github, Jenkins, Ansible, Artifactory, Docker, ANT, Gradle) and Compliance as code.
- Serverless, microservice & container based pattern development.
- Jira/Confluence, Sharepoint for workflow & collaboration, or similar.