- Our client is a large and profitable multinational telecommunications company operating in Australia and abroad.
- Due to growth and a large amount of projects being deployed, they are seeking a Senior Automation Engineer to work alongside the developers to take ownership of the cost, quality and schedule of the teams engineering deliverables
- Stable opportunity with training / up skilling also available for those that also value longevity
- Friendly and approachable senior management
About the Role:
- The Senior Automation Engineers will contribute to the continued success of the team and the platform. The role will involve no people management however leadership is required to steer the team and the direction of the projects.
- Glue between code and systems
- Work with a variety of technologies built mostly on open source: build systems, deployment pipelines, application containers and the elastic infrastructure that those technologies run on
- The team is made up of engineers from a systems background who embrace the infrastructure as a code paradigm
- Work with the applications and operations teams to ensure successful deployment and operation of their applications
- Is a thought leader and heavily involved in the design and development of the platform
- We are looking for someone that can lead projects and set the direction of projects
- If you believe you can be a technology leader, take on some non people management managerial responsibilities and give your opinion on how projects should be approached, apply now!!!
If you have the ability to check code, and watch it through to production and you want to work for a company that values your opinion as a leader, apply now!!
What we are looking for (closest fit to the below):
- Senior Automation Engineer experience / DevOps (commercial experience in)
- Agile experience / or other project methodology exp
- Worked on large scale projects
- Experience working within a project team and an understanding of project management fundamentals
- Continuous integration: Bamboo, Stash, Jenkins
- Configuration Management: Puppet, Docker, Ansible
- Programming and scripting: Shell, Ruby, Python (desirable only)
- Cloud Foundry - Desirable
- Containers: Docker
- Alarming, logging and metrics: ELK, AWS, Sensu
- Linux (CentOS, CoreOS, RancherOS)
- Source Control - GIT
- API: Rest, micro services
- May have had an involvement with an open source community or project
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact ANNA quoting reference: 197234.
Please click the apply button.