Desktop Support Engineer
This leading financial business would like to engage a committed and focused individual to assist their IT Operations teamwith Desktop / 1st Level Support in their head office in Sydney.
What your main responsibilities will be…
- Installation and rollout services of new desktops, laptops, printers, IP Phones etc..
- Fault diagnosis of desktops / laptops. First level of support on desktop / laptops under warranty, liaising with vendor. Vendor coordination for spares support
- Installation and OS Support (Windows 10 / Windows 7 / Ubuntu Desktop ) - Repair /
- Re-Installation or fresh Installation
- Installation and Software Support of software, ( Avast anti-virus, Email (Gmail / GSuite)),
- Chrome & other Business Critical Applications
- Configure / troubleshoot network connectivity of desktops / laptops & network printers, application, network related issues
- Installation, re-installation, configuration of peripherals e.g. printers, scanners etc.
- Creation / Maintenance of user accounts (openldap experience desirable)
- Asset Register maintenance
- Triage Service desk tickets regarding desktop hardware, software and networking.
- Provide user support installing applications and computer peripherals
- Ask targeted questions to diagnose problems
- Document technical issues and solutions
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Daily follow up with users to ensure their systems are functional
- Creation of daily handover documentation
- Assist in the creation technical documentation and manuals / user-guides
These are the essential skills you need…
- Hands-on experience with Windows and Linux environments.
- Basic network troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus program
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Customer-oriented, can-do attitude
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar role
- Hands on experience with Service Management software (ideally Jira)
- MCSE and ITIL foundations Certification preferred
- Ideally have had experiene in a finance environment