Leaders IT Services, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia is looking for a self-reliant Desktop Support Engineer to join their team for a permanent full-time role.
The role will provide expertise in Desktop Engineering & Support. Responsible for performing/coordinating initial desktop application testing and configuration and will manage desktop/laptop image deployment processes.
You must have the ability to manage competing priorities and will be swift in resolving problems. You must have a keen eye for detail and have the ability to recognise and co-odinate escalation of calls to third-line support where necessary.
- Focus on the Desktop Engineering Infrastructure
- Standardise Desktop Application installations
- Maintenance of the Desktop Image (SOE) and Desktop patching
- Ensure Desktop Support Infrastructure is insulated from unauthorised access, virus infection or any security vulnerabilities and conforms to standards and policies
- Monitor and supervise shipping of parts/components for repair to & from suppliers as required.
- Assist with staff relocations
- Source quotes and raise purchase orders for IT related hardware and software as required.
- Maintain support documentation and knowledge base.
- Maintain and support the Mobile Device Management (MDM) system.
- Update and maintain the Asset Management and CMDB system to ensure data integrity.
- Collate statistical information for weekly and monthly reports.
You must have:
- MQ Systems Support experience
- Remote network management and systems monitoring tools
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Active Directory
- MS Exchange
- Office 2016 /Office 365
- Windows 7 and Windows 10
- TCP/IP networking
- Windows Server Administration
- Experience with the use of remote network management & monitoring tools highly regarded
- Skype for Business support experience
- Avaya support experience
Salary banding for this role is $67-72k package.
There will be some light project work involved as required. Interested candidates should apply directly via the link below quoting reference number 204468 for more information.