Our client is seeing an experienced Desktop Support Officer to work across a broad range of technologies and liaise across multiple areas of the business to support incidents, problems, and requests.
Responsible for answering IT requests via phone, email, face to face or instant message and explaining solutions in technical and nontechnical terms.
The role will enable you to be involved in the growth and innovation of the organization.
- Build and install PCs, telephone systems, wireless networks, and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards.
- Provides advice and guidance to colleagues/ users regarding incidents.
- Maintain installed PCs, networks, telephone systems and peripherals with routine maintenance.
- Identify, log, and resolve technical problems with software applications or network systems.
- Create, maintain, and distribute reports of progress to senior leadership.
- Maintain client databases with up-to-date solutions and clear record of activities.
- Explain and document technical issues in a clear way to clients.
- Use call logging system to accurately record telephone requests.
Desktop Support Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent Customer Service in Face-to-Face
- Telephone or Electronic Interaction with Clients
- Good Language and Communications Skills
- ITIL Foundations Certificate desired
- Knowledge of Windows 7 & 10
- Active Directory
- Documentation writing skills
- Office 365
- SharePoint knowledge
- Ability to Work in a Team
- Ability to Prioritise Projects