A leading mining player in Perth is seeking an experienced Desktop Support Engineer with solid level 2 experience for an initial 3-month FIFO contract working across multiple, regional sites throughout WA. There may be an opportunity for extension further down the track and there is a potential 20-month contract coming up in future. This is an ASAP start and the FIFO roster will be either 9 days on, 5 days off OR 8 days on, 6 days off.
Please note: to be considered for this role, you must have had previous FIFO OR previous experience working on regional mine sites. (this is non-negotiable)
Key responsibilities include:
- Provision of 2nd level desktop support across multiple, regional mine sites throughout WA;
- Management of incidents and requests via client ticketing system;
- Assist in the administration of the existing computing systems and communications network;
- Assist with system backup procedures;
- Respond to 3rd level requests and escalate / liaise with 3rd level team when required;
- Assist in project work, as required.
- Strong, recent proven experience working in a 2nd level desktop support position;
- Must have had experience working within a Microsoft Infrastructure support environment;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with stakeholders on site;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in an autonomous environment;
- Effective team player with demonstrated collaborative skills;
- Must have experience in working in a remote mining environment;
- Previous experience working in a FIFO role is mandatory;
- Certificate IV in Information Technology or equivalent industry experience;
- Valid Australian Drivers' License for manual vehicle;
- Must be willing to provide own PPE gear;
- Ability to pass a medical check.
- Work for one of the biggest mining players in town;
- Great opportunity to see regional WA and do some travel to multiple sites;
- Possibility of longer-term extension down the track.
If you are interested and fit the requirements for the position, please apply now with a suitable resume. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a confidential discussion.
Contact: Chathu Jayawardena - 08 9423 1400 (Job reference: 193713)