Our client, a dynamic IT Managed Services organisation, has an exciting opportunity for a Desktop/Server Support Engineer with mixed platform skills to provide level 2 support in a field capacity.
The role will be joining a tight knit team of Infrastructure Engineers who cover everything from Network Communications, Systems Administration, Storage/Virtualisation and End User Technologies.
This position's primary focus will be working across 2nd level support of Microsoft Desktop and Server technologies (active directory, exchange, Office 365, desktop rollouts, server build/maintenance). This support will be conducted in an onsite, field capacity; requiring outstanding communication skills coupled with a highly professional and customer centric personality.
With some of the peripheral services involving IP Telephony, Data Networks and Cloud technologies you will be asked to provide support in these areas from time to time. So previous experience with VMWare, Hyper-V and Cisco (Voice and Data) technologies would be advantageous however not absolutely necessary. The role will additionally be responsible for providing applications support in an ad hoc capacity.
In order to be considered for this role you must have:
- At least 5 years experience in a level 2 Technical Support capacity.
- SCCM Certification
- Citrix Certification
- Network and Router switching experience
- MCSA or MCP certifications with proven experience with Windows Server 2008/12 (server builds, systems administration etc.).
- Experience with Windows OS, Active Directory, Exchange, SQL Server and Office 365.
- Access to your own vehicle and a full drivers license.
- Outstanding communication skills with an energetic and dynamic nature coupled with a team player's attitude and customer centric personality.
- Previous experience with Cisco, VMware or Hyper-V or certifications with these, would be advantageous.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please either APPLY NOW or contact Jack Richardson