The primary purpose of the role is to ensure that hosting (data centre, server and storage) suppliers deliver cost efficient and reliable IT services that meet the needs and expectations . The role contributes to the oversight and operational governance of hosting service suppliers to ensure compliance with operational service delivery commitments including cross-functional service obligations.
- Live the NSW Public Sector and organisational values to achieve outstanding outcomes for the organisation and customers.
- Support the monitoring and governance of services delivered by third party suppliers and act as a key escalation point in key service management processes, including supporting the resolution of escalated technical issues (e.g. P1 incidents), and communicate service delivery issues that require senior management action. Support the review of major changes and releases and provide support for other management processes (e.g. invoice validation, technical evaluations, supplier proposal review and deliverables acceptance).
- Identify and support the management of emerging supplier issues and challenges affecting service delivery.
- Review service delivery related reports provided by supplier/s, provide operational updates on supplier performance, reports and metrics to internal stakeholders and escalate material performance breaches. Review supplier compliance with contracted obligations, including technical services delivered, cross-functional processes, and service levels.
- Assist with the periodic review of SLAs and other performance indicators to ensure best business outcomes.
- Monitor customer satisfaction with portfolio services and delivery of services by supplier/s to identify emerging issues and initiate remedial action. Support the scoping of initiatives with suppliers to address improvement opportunities identified and review supplier initiatives and provide input, advice and assistance to support the development of business cases.
- Proactively identify and escalate potential risks. Contribute to the development of risk management plans, establishment of risk controls and performance of risk mitigation activities.
- ITIL V3 foundation or extensive experience in an ITSM environment
- Experience governing the operational delivery of managed IT services including a working understanding of managed services and outsourcing in large, complex organisations.
- Experience monitoring the provision of services by suppliers including adherence to contracted SLAs and delivery obligations, facilitating the resolution of escalated issues, promoting collaborative relationships, and partnering with suppliers to accurately identify and manage emerging issues and challenges affecting service delivery.
- Strong experience in IT infrastructure services in particular centralised computing and hosting services, evidenced by infrastructure operations management experience, experience with data centre consolidation programs, and relevant certifications
- Knowledge of best practice, contemporary infrastructure services and delivery methods, ITSM frameworks, project delivery methodologies and application lifecycles