About the Company
This is an reknowned R&D division in a Perth instution looking a Project Officer with a background in Federal Government eligible to gain an NV1 clearance, or a background in defence or space projects to join their team for a three year fixed term opportunity.
About the role
If you're looking to gain NV1 sponsorship, or grow your career in defence research, this is an exciting career opportunity.
Joining a budding R&D Division with a strong reputation based on world-class research and innovation across domains spanning underwater surveillance, to probing the beginnings of the universe itself.
The role is located centrally in Perth, the Director of Space and Defence is looking for an experience Project Officer with strong communication skills and is looking to grow into a Team Lead position.
- Engage with government, defence, civil and industry leaders, in support of building effective collaboration models, including development of local ecosystems, for the delivery of superior defence and space outcomes.
- Plan, direct, and co-ordinate activities to manage and implement the program of projects, from idea through to proposal initiation, and go live.
- Engage and influence senior managers and key stakeholders to ensure projects will deliver on agreed objectives and align with relevant strategic plans and business goals.
- Work with stakeholders to prepare business cases and project briefs to support project proposals.
- Develop project plans, securing adequate resources and negotiate the project timetable with the relevant stakeholders.
- Manage project resourcing requirements and make appropriate recommendations for budgeting and management purposes.
Skills and experience
Experience in defence, space and/or relevant adjacent markets, where you have delivered funded capabilities and partnerships involving research and/or development of solutions.
- The ability to collaborate across different research disciplines and industry sectors, where we can help boost capability, develop new products, grow business and create new jobs.
- Exposure to government and industry engagement within complex organisations and ecosystems.
- As this role will support national security and defence research, Australian Citizenship is a requirement, as is an ability to successfully apply for an 'NV1' security clearance.
- Demonstrated high-level of oral and written communications, including the ability to engage and present information clearly and informatively to a diverse audience, as well as the ability to generate and deliver business cases and their associated outcomes.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact <Priyanka Shah> on <08 9423 1400> quoting reference <#245419>.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.