- Federal Government Organisation
- Melbourne CBD
- Contract till End of the year ( with a view to extend)
- Australian Citizen.
Looking for Defect Manager to work within a large Federal Government Organisation. The position will report to the Test Tools Manager. This position will be working with Project Managers, Testers, Business Analysts, Developers (internal and external) and Deployment Managers.
- Manage QA defects across multiple streams and concurrent projects including status, ownership, timeline and regular updates.
- Implement and improve defect management process across the Robust program.
- Track and verify defects logged to ensure information quality and completeness.
- Suggest continuous improvements to the process and QA practice.
Essential skills and experience :
- The ability to obtain a baseline security clearance.
- 5+ Years' experience in defect management or similar role in complex organisations with multiple systems and projects.
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Lifecycle, Testing and QA.
- Strong experience working with defect management tools such as JIRA, ALM.
- Experience in rolling out processes across greenfield teams and capabilities.
- Experience working with various stakeholders and multiple vendor teams to gather information and drive action.
- Excellent stakeholder management, negotiation and communication skills.
- Excellent time management, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work autonomously with little supervision.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Relevant IT qualification and certification.
- Experience on Security Programs.
- Ability to understand software & hardware design to quickly comprehend defects.
- Understanding of information security and risk management principles.
All applicants must hold Australian Citizenship to be considered for this opportunity
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Lavanya Swamy on 03 8080 7213 quoting reference: #192307
Please click the apply button.