Our Federal Government Client is seeking a skilled and savvy Database/Infrastructure Specialist for a long-term contract role. This is an initial 12-month engagement with 2 x 12-month extension options and is working out of our Client's Canberra CBD locale.
Within this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing support and technical advice to direct system planning, design and implementation
- Contribute expertise in the preparation, review and monitoring of scoping briefs, business cases, work requests and other documentation related to platform technologies
- Take appropriate action to ensure complex issues which may span across multiple IT platforms, are resolved in a timely manner
- Be accountable to undertake IT equipment assessment and testing to ensure proposed new equipment is suitable for integration
- Build and sustain effective and influential networks and relationships with a range of stakeholders, clients and outsourced Service Providers in order to achieve business outcomes
- Adhere to Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) practices and provide assurance over change requests
- Encourage and actively engage in knowledge transfer; train others in area of expertise to ensure the achievement of the work area and team objectives
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Demonstrated experience as a Database/Infrastructure Administrator with experience across technologies such as SQL server, Mainframe DB2, Terradata (data warehouse) and Cloudera Distribution Hadoop platforms
- Demonstrated experience of UML diagramming using tools like Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Demonstrated knowledge of current application development, testing and operational trends Understand advanced application hosting techniques including containers, serverless, PaaS and SaaS
- Familiarity with a Microsoft-based ecosystem including Operating Systems, Networking, Web Hosting and Databases
- Experience with .net applications
- Demonstrated experience in design and implementation of systems that are simple, modern, resilient, highly available and architected for digital and artificial intelligence future
- Demonstrated ability to advise and champion IT best practices, industry trends and innovations
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills Strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- Ability to lead, direct, mentor and train technical staff and ensure a high-level of accuracy, consistency and integration across applications management and project delivery
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Kasey O'Halloran on 02 6245 1740 quoting Job Reference: 186296.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain Federal Government security clearances.
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.