Our client is one of Australia's leading software success stories. Based in the Adelaide CBD, they work with clients across the USA and Australia to enhance the everyday lives of the casual workforce.
Our client's software is responsible for building a platform that will empower and reward people in today's 'liquid' workforce. By managing their work schedules, building skill portfolios, and providing career opportunities they aim to provide a structured path to success for people who have until now been disadvantaged in the rapidly changing world of employment.
Having been incredibly successful in securing huge customers in the Australian and North American markets, they are seeking a DBA with a specialisation in PostgreSQL to be an integral part of their highly talented team.
About the Role:
- Duties across production and non-production systems, providing expert DBA contributions across a wide variety of internal projects / internal features, as well as supporting 'business as usual' activities (e.g. investigation and application of critical patches) to ensure integrity of our global platform.
- Work extensively with Postgres databases implemented in a multi-tenant cloud infrastructure using existing tooling and identifying new / alternate technologies to effectively and proactively monitor the health of the platform which is experiencing exponential growth through platform adoption and introduction of new features.
- Ensuring a scalable and performant database architecture is core to this role - your specialism in Postgres performance optimisation is expected to occupy most of your time as you investigate challenging performance-related issues, identify timely solutions, and define initiatives that you will implement in a complex, mission-critical operational environment.
- Working with fellow platform and software engineers, you will also support the implementation of broader initiatives that are aligned to meeting increasingly stringent data security, availability, storage, and recovery requirements required for platform certification and client needs.
Essential Experience/Skills Required:
- Australian Work Rights are mandatory.
- Extensive knowledge of Postgres configuration and ability to tune settings to maximise throughput and optimise use of hardware.
- Ability to identify performance optimisations in SQL queries and work with development teams to optimally rewrite them.
- In-depth understanding of Postgres features and how they can be applied for scale & performance, including table partitioning, index types and read replicas.
- You will be expected to be highly technical, naturally think analytically / algorithmically and have demonstrated excellent critical thinking, problem-solving capabilities and extensive experience working with large / complex data sets and performance optimisation techniques.
Ideally You Will Also Have:
- Experience working with & debugging Postgres RDS.
- 5+ years working as a Database Administrator
- Excellent working knowledge of / proficiency with data backup, recovery, security, integrity, PostgreSQL, and wide experience working with contemporary DBA tools.
- Familiarity with programming languages and secure API development for data access and manipulation.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Craig Salmon on 08 8112 7403 quoting reference 241281.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.
SA: LHS 296564