Locations: Sydney CBD
Duration: 6 months contract
DBA is required to have very well developed DBA skills in both Oracle and SQL environments and must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Data modelling and database design. The DBA must possess the ability to create an efficient physical database design from a logical data model and application specifications.
- Metadata management and repository usage. The DBA, must be able to work with data requirements to determine collection, storage, management, and integration of data to enable the migration and or system integration through data mapping activities or supporting API requirements
- Database schema creation and management. The DBA must be able to translate a data model or logical database design into an actual physical database implementation and to manage that database once it has been implemented. Successful support the creation of data mapping and library details in support of data integration
Ensuring data integrity. DBAs must be able to design databases so that only accurate and appropriate data is entered and maintained.
- SQL/Oracle code reviews and walk-throughs. The DBAs must possess in-depth SQL /Oracle knowledge so they can understand and review SQL/Oracle to support integration/migration requirements.
- Procedural skills. The DBA must possess procedural skills to help design, debug, implement, and maintain data clean up.
- ERP and business knowledge. For businesses doing enterprise resource planning (ERP) the DBA must understand the requirements of the application users and be able to administer the creation of databases that will support integration/migration requirements. Experience with ERP applications (SAP, PeopleSoft, EBS etc.).