Our client has established a dominant presence within the Banking and Finance Industry, they are currently seeking two Database Administrators to join on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract. In this role, you would be responsible for the ongoing management and delivery governance of one or more end-to-end Database Services.
You would be mainly involved in BAU work but would have the opportunity to be involved in Project work (migrating to the cloud and uplifting legacy applications).
About the role
You would be involved in:
- Provides technical support and direction across service management processes including, incident, problem, change, configuration, capacity, continuity (DR), availability, asset, monitoring and alerting
- Responsible for understanding the required business outcomes for the service and translating those, with input from Business Engagement into Service Improvement Plans - where relevant
- Collaborate with Architects and Design Leads to ensure that projects are scoped in accordance with asset roadmaps and strategies
- Understands the end-to-end (E2E) technical service(s) including dependent components and infrastructure
- Effectively manage Service Providers to ensure service stability, service risks are managed effectively and ongoing service health maintained
To be successful for the role, you would ideally:
- Demonstrated experience working with one of more Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, DB2 LUW environments
- Demonstrated experience in in Database Technology and delivery, with a strong background in the practical use, design and deployment of large-scale Database infrastructures
- Experience in designing, building, managing and administering large scale Database (physical and virtual) environments
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please contact Lizbeth Delos Reyes and quote job #206527