Our client is a leading utilities company building new cloud data & analytics capability and growing our team to really take advantage of the benefits that the cloud unlocks.
About the role
The role of Cloud Developer/Data Engineer is to lead the design, build, test and deployment of ETL and Analytics solutions . You will assist in leading (cloud) data engineering solutions as per approved programs and the IT Strategy.
This is a 6 month contact. In this role, you will be involved in the management and coordination of development delivery pertaining to transformation project specific work. This will include:
- Development on the AWS-based data solutions aligning to the platform standards.
- Design, develop and implement ETL solutions optimized to run in a cloud environment.
- Create data mappings, data modelling, data profiling, query design, data flow design etc.Ensure data is engineered according to standards and made available as for business use.
- Lead data engineering solutions to achieve business requirements.
To be successful in securing this role you have:
- The ideal candidate will have proven and significant experience in delivering data engineering solutions.
- Extensive experience in Cloud Technologies - AWS Platform, Redshift, Snowflake, Airflow (essential)
- Extensive data warehouse experience (essential)
- Extensive experience and relevant skills / exposure in cloud engineering / analytics tools and applications (ETL - EMR, Databricks, DB - Dynamo DB, Orchestration - Airflow etc).
- Experience in DataLake, Data-Warehouse platforms and components like S3/ EC2, Lambda, StepFunction (highly desirable).
- Experience in agile concepts and an agile mindset.
- Extensive experience with ETL frameworks, development lifecycle and testing competency.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities (think out of the box)
If you feel you have the right skills we're looking for, click the "APPLY" button now.
For more details on this role, please contact Meg at 02 82672478 quoting job # 248040