Our client has a large presence within the retail/trade industry, they are currently seeking a Helpdesk Support Analyst to join on an initial 12-month contract.
The primary focus for this role is to monitor daily data feeds of both internally and externally sourced data to the Client's Data Warehouse. This includes liaising with internal staff and 3rd parties to investigate and drive the resolution of issues. Additionally, you'll support the ongoing expansion of external feeds (from new stores & other service providers) in line with business needs.
About the role
You would be involved in:
- Monitor daily data feeds sourced from stores & other 3rd
- Follow up with stores, external agencies and/or internal IT staff to diagnose problems, ensure any issues are resolved and the required data is loaded into our data warehouse.
- Provide timely & accurate reporting of the status of our various data feeds.
- Work with stores & POS solution providers to bring onboard new stores' scan data feeds
- You will engage directly with the Business Intelligence Team and overtime be exposed to BI Analytics tools, such as MicroStrategy.
- Monitor & administer user access rights & privileges to our clients Data Warehousing & Analytics tools
To be successful for the role, you would ideally have:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a hands-on Service Desk, Production Support or software development role
- Experience in accessing files & databases in both Windows & Unix environments
- Ability to interrogate data in flat files & relational databases such as Oracle & MS-SQL using tools such as TOAD and demonstrate strong MS-Excel skills
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and ability to work with 3rd party IT service providers
- Experience in a retail or wholesale business environment is desirable but not mandatory
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please contact Haniksha on (03) 8080 7225 and quote job #242770