Our client is partnering with some of Australia's premium business brands, requiring the services of a Manager to run their Data Science space.
You will manage the development of analytics solutions based on machine learning and statistical predictive algorithms for clients of Data and AI to solve some of their most pressing challenges.
Duties will include:
- Assessment of client requirements and the design of solutions to address them based on data analysis, data science, technology, and business process design.
- Financial business case development.
- Data science project and resource planning.
- Program leadership including delivery team leadership and stakeholder management.
- Development of operating models and strategies for clients in analytics and data science.
- Provision of advice to clients on approaches to solving complex business problems through the application of technology and data analysis.
- Mentoring of more junior team members in data science, consulting, and advisory skills.
- Supporting the development of the company brand through participation in communities, blogs, forums, or other public domains under the headline of data science, analytics, or related topics.
- Lead on the development of machine learning, artificial intelligence, and statistical algorithms and solutions using R and Python.
- Prepare advanced data analyses and present results of these analyses to business stakeholders.
- Engage with clients throughout the lifecycle of the project on both advisory and delivery assignments.
- Participate in pre-sales activities to demonstrate how data science and statistics may be applied for the commercial advantage of potential clients.
- Develop solution prototypes and deliver CRP (Conference Room Pilot) sessions.
- Define and help to design the analytics solution architecture from a pragmatic standpoint.
- Take a lead role in client project delivery to help client engagements through to a commercially successful conclusion.
- Lead and support blended teams of colleagues, client, and partner resources to help share knowledge and develop an integrated delivery ethic.
- Support the ongoing development of the Data Science practice technically.
Skills and experience:
- Significant experience in the design and build of data science solutions for customers.
- Experience selecting the architecture that services clients need with the balance of costs, capability, and risk to meet the client's business objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in turning business use cases and requirements into technical solutions.
- Experience in business processing mapping of data and analytics solutions.
- Hands-on experience in data science, machine learning and statistical analytics.
- Experience in data analytics, BI, data warehousing, a data platform development or other relevant hands-on technical experience.
- Understanding of structured and unstructured data analysis, streaming data, IoT, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and related topical analytics fields.
- Understanding of data science methodologies and the processes of data scientists follow in problem-solving.
- Significant experience in implementing/deploying in Azure/AWS/GCP
- Able to manage teams across multiple projects.
- Comfortable actively engaging and leading sales and business development opportunities with clients.
- The extensive commercial or academic experience of developing ML & AI solutions using R and Python.
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms.
- Hands-on experience and skills in developing complex query structures with SQL and/or NoSQL query languages.
- Strong business analysis skills and a deep understanding of analytics.
This is an excellent pemanent opportunity to work within a new and exciting Data practice based in WA.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Irene Yam on (08) 9423 1416 quoting reference 239249To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.