To function as a Data Scientist to lead the way in analysing large amounts of raw information and bring valuable contributions in business decisions for a well-known Insurance group.
- Lead the way in analysing large amounts of raw information to find patterns and build data products
- Enable the company to make accurate predictions and better business decisions
- Be a part of a Global insurer with a strong brand name in the Australian market
About the Role
Data Office is a new organisation established within the company that is charged with uplifting and driving the company's data strategy, to ensure Data is at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who can lead the way in analysing large amounts of raw information to find patterns and build data products to enable us to make accurate predictions and better business decisions. We want to be able to move from reporting on what is happening/ happened to leverage data science techniques to determine and predict the future state and utilise AI and machine learning to deliver real organisational value.
As a Data Scientist, You'll be responsible for:
- Responsible for prototype solutions, mathematical models, algorithms, machine learning techniques, and robust analytics to provide insights and development of data products
- Through the insights and visualization of complex data sets, the individual will contribute significantly to the strategy across various aspects of audience planning, set-up, optimization, and insights
- Working in a cross functional capacity to understand the key business problems which need to be addressed
- Analyse large datasets of both structured and unstructured data to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Mentor, educate and inspire others within the team and across the business around the value of data science methods and best practices.
- Working closely with cross functional teams and data engineering function within the Data Office data technology tea to ensure robust, scalable, and stainable advanced analytics solutions are delivered that solve business problems
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist - applying Data Science Methods to solve real word business problems within a commercial setting
- Experience across data mining, statistical methods, and machine-learning techniques
- Programming experience across one or more of: R, Python, Scala, or SQL
- Experience applying advanced analytical and statistical methods
- A degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, statistics etc.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to be able to articulate findings to the business
If you have the skills and experience mentioned above and believe you are the right candidate, please contact Gian on email@example.com quoting reference 243347.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.