Our client is a well-known Australian enterprise based in Melbourne's east. They seek to add a data scientist who is an R Programming Superstar to their advanced analytics team for an initial 3-month contract.
The Advanced Analytics group plays a key part in achieving data driven decision making through the application of Statistics, Machine Learning, Predictive modelling and Optimisation algorithms.
- Research new Advanced Analytics opportunities using R in areas of predictive modelling, regression, machine learning, optimisation, deep learning, reinforcement learning, NLP etc to identify new opportunities for future solutions
- Serve as a trusted advisor by cultivating relationships with stakeholders and across various leadership teams to improve their understanding and knowledge of data science techniques
- Deliver a seamless and proactive service to stakeholders articulating customer opportunity, commercial benefit, analytical findings and data recommendations. Showcase, benchmark and quantify the value and outcomes of analytics-based decision making
To be successful, you'll have:
- Professional demonstrated experience as a Data Scientist or Senior Analyst
- Strong coding abilities in R is essential
- Deep expertise in one or more of the following: Optimisation and Operations Research or Probabilistic Methods and Bayesian Modelling
- Analytical applications - R, SQL
- Productivity applications - Git, Jira, Confluence
- Driven to problem solve and use technology as an enabler
- A team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment
- Confidently presents messages in a clear, concise and articulate manner
If this sounds like you don't hesitate to apply now with your latest resume in Word format. Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis.