Our client is a well known Australian Enterprise based in Melbourne's east. They seek to add 2 data scientist to their advanced analytics team for an initial 6-month contract.
The Advanced Analytics group plays a key part in achieving data driven decision making through the application of Statistics, Machine Learning, Predictive modelling and Optimisation algorithms.
As a Data Scientist, you will conduct rigorous evaluation of models before coming into the defence process, anticipate questions and over deliver on evaluation. You will also be displaying the following characteristics:
- Research new Advanced Analytics opportunities in areas of predictive modelling, regression, machine learning, optimisation, deep learning, reinforcement learning, NLP etc to identify new opportunities for future solutions
- Serve as a trusted advisor by cultivating relationships with stakeholders and across various leadership teams to improve their understanding and knowledge of data science techniques
- Deliver a seamless and proactive service to stakeholders articulating customer opportunity, commercial benefit, analytical findings and data recommendations. Showcase, benchmark and quantify the value and outcomes of analytics-based decision making
To be successful, you'll have:
- Analytics professional with a proven track record in Advanced Analytics / Data Science / Mathematics / Computer Science / Measurement Science and/or Econometrics
- Key analytical techniques, e.g. regression, clustering, optimisation, machine learning, NLP, deep learning, reinforcement learning etc
- Analytical applications - R, Python, Scala, Hive, Spark, SQL
- Productivity applications - Git, Jira, Confluence
- Driven to problem solve and use technology as an enabler
- A team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment
- Confidently presents messages in a clear, concise and articulate manner
If this sounds like you don't hesitate to apply now with your latest resume in Word format. Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis.