As part of the broader Digital team the Advanced Analytics group plays a key part in achieving data driven decision making through the application of Statistics, Machine Learning, Predictive modelling and Optimisation algorithms.
Advanced Analytics touch all of the key elements of the value chain for a bricks-and-mortar and online retailer and drive optimised recommendations and automated decision-making to achieve positive customer, team and financial outcomes.
As a Data Scientist, you will conduct rigorous evaluation of models before coming into the defence process, anticipate questions and over deliver on evaluation. You will also be displaying the following characteristics:
We are rigorous and trusted for quality, design and build clever solutions, challenge the status quo to achieve the best outcome, independent and have the skills to explain models, methods and results to gain acceptance.
- Research new Advanced Analytics opportunities in areas of predictive modelling, regression, machine learning, optimisation, deep learning, reinforcement learning, NLP etc to identify new opportunities for future solutions
- Serve as a trusted advisor by cultivating relationships with stakeholders and across various leadership teams to improve their understanding and knowledge of data science techniques
- Deliver a seamless and proactive service to stakeholders articulating customer opportunity, commercial benefit, analytical findings and data recommendations. Showcase, benchmark and quantify the value and outcomes of analytics-based decision making
To be successful, you'll have:
- Analytics professional with a proven track record in Advanced Analytics / Data Science / Mathematics / Computer Science / Measurement Science and/or Econometrics
- Key analytical techniques, e.g. regression, clustering, optimisation, machine learning, NLP, deep learning, reinforcement learning etc
- Analytical applications - R, Python, Scala, Hive, Spark, SQL
- Productivity applications - Git, Jira, Confluence
- Driven to problem solve and use technology as an enabler
- A team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment
- Confidently presents messages in a clear, concise and articulate manner
- Experience in ML engineering including Cloud techniques, Containerisation, etc is preferred
If this sounds like you don't hesitate to apply now with your latest resume in Word format. Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis.
*Please note this opportunity is only elgibile for Australian citizens and permanent residents.