Looking for a Data Scientist in Canberra for a contractual role.
Contract: Contract Until June 2018 + extension of 2x12 months
- Tertiary qualifications in computational science, mathematics, statistics or related field;
- 3+ years' experience in real-world data mining and analytics applications;
- Well-developed skills using R for statistical analysis and predictive modelling;
- Well-developed skills using SQL for data manipulation and query of large datasets;
- Excellent understanding of a range of predictive and descriptive modelling techniques;
- Experience building visualisations using the Shiny package in the R environment;
- Experience in data wrangling and working with large complex structured and unstructured data sets;
- Solid knowledge in popular techniques and algorithms for data mining and machine learning, such as classification, clustering, outlier detection, association rules, time series analysis, text mining, natural language processing and social network analysis;
- Knowledge of and experience in big data platforms and techniques;
- Proven experience in designing data mining and analytics solutions;
- Proven experience with a range of software and statistical development platforms (such as SAS, Java, C/C++, Python, MATLAB etc);
- Experience with one or more scripting languages for process automation;
Apply now for immediate consideration and job description of this role at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can contact Stiti Rath on 03 8080 7296
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain an Australian Government security clearance.
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.