Our Federal Government Client is seeking a skilled Data Scientist to contribute to the development of machine learning solutions to support our client's strategic objectives, including the evaluation of commercial software or state of the market, or data analytics to identify opportunities for innovation.
This is a long-term contract role for until 30 June 2021 with extension options, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Develop machine learning capabilities as part of high performing solutions and projects, inclusive of experience programming with backend technologies research and development of statistical machine learning models to support business outcomes and the ability to build and run analytical prototypes to generate insights and results.
- Provide input into governance, analysis of risks and issues on the use of machine learning and data (in the context of AI and automation).
- Provide data engineering expertise in working with big data to support machine learning development, facilitate research and product development.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to collaborate on machine learning or other data related initiatives.
- Conduct testing and reviews for software development, data processing and analysis.
- Build machine learning and data science capabilities within ITG by collaborating or training other data scientists or staff within the group.
To be successful in the role, you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in delivering successful models / projects that centre on the use of Natural Language Processing techniques and libraries.
- Demonstrated experience with Python programming language
- Demonstrated experience in MLOPS and DevOPs product lifecycle from inception to production.
- Experience in using open source tools for machine learning purposes (development of ensemble models and deep learning models and applying natural language processing techniques).
- Applied statistics skills such as distributions, statistical testing and regression inclusive of ability to identify trends and insights.
- A demonstrable passion for innovation and a dedication to working collaboratively.
- Ability to explain or translate complex models and findings to business stakeholders.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess or are able to gain Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: # 206051
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.