Our Federal Government Client is seeking Two (2) Data Protection/Storage Engineers.
This is a long-term contract up to 30 June 2023 with 2x12-month extension option, located at our Client's Canberra location.
As the selected candidate, you will be:
- Designing, building, maintaining and documenting the Department's backup and storage infrastructure across multiple environments and technologies;
- Leading and/or assisting with the configuration, migration and ongoing management of a backup clients and data stores;
- Identifying, investigating and remediating backup and storage issues/failures;
- Adding new and decommissioning old physical and virtual infrastructure;
- Managing and facilitating vendor escalations;
- Providing design/architectural advice for projects and BAU teams to ensure "best practice" implementations;
- Working with Project Managers to define and schedule deliverables;
- Designing and implementing solutions for complex data protection and storage environments;
- Advising and documenting the implementation and ongoing management of data protection and storage solutions;
- Facilitating continuous improvement of data protection and storage systems;
- Escalating issues where appropriate;
- Providing Subject Matter Expert responses addressing Incident and Problem management;
- Regularly liaising with project stakeholders and ICT stakeholders as necessary;
- Be part of a 24/7 support team providing out of hours support, including a requirement to be on call, on a rostered basis. This entails:
- Specified Personnel to be available, and in the 'required state of readiness' to perform extra duty outside of standard business hours;
- The 'required state of readiness' includes the requirement for Specified Personnel to:
- Logon within 30 minutes of notification of requirement to attend or as directed by Director, Infrastructure Operations.
- Maintain compliance with the Department's Professional Standards and Integrity Framework, which includes but is not limited to, ensuring Services are not performed whilst impaired by any legal or illegal drugs or alcohol.
- Specified Personnel will be provided with a laptop and mobile telephone for on call.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in operating data protection solutions (primarily EMC data protection suite, and/or Netbackup and Comvault) and/or demonstrated experience in operating at least one of the Storage solution (primarily DELL/EMC) and/or demonstrated experience in operating storage and data protection reporting software especially DELL/EMC's Storage Resource Manager (SRM).
- Demonstrated ability in applying technical knowledge to ensure solutions are implemented effectively and with a strong emphasis on quality and compliance.
- Demonstrated experience in producing documentation (including design) relating to data protection and storage.
- Experience in facilitating the continuous improvement of data protection and storage systems.
- Demonstrated ability in identify areas of high risk and escalating to appropriate resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, build and maintain strong relationships with various stakeholders (internal and external to an organisation).
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills, particularly in translating technical information for consumption by non-technical peers and stakeholders.
- Available and willing to be part of an on call roster.
It is desirable if you have:
- Sound understanding of Windows and Unix operating systems.
- Relevant IT qualifications or vendor certification in the following would be an advantage:
- SRM Reporting tool Administration;
- HP Storage Management;
- EMC Storage Management;
- Hitachi Storage Management;
- Avamar Data Protection Management.
- Experience with Networker Data Protection Management.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian who have the ability to obtain Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 8807642 quoting Job Reference: # 245956
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.