Our Federal Government Client is seeking the services of an experienced and hands-on Data Protection/Storage Engineer for a long-term contract role in Canberra. This is an initial engagement through until June 2020, with ongoing extension options and is focused heavily on Data Protection and EMC technology.
Within this role you will be responsible for:
- Designing, building, maintaining and documenting the Client's backup infrastructure across multiple environments and technologies
- Designing and implementing solutions for complex data protection and storage environments
- Advising and documenting the implementation and ongoing management of data protection and storage solutions
- Facilitating continuous improvement of data protection and storage systems
- Providing Subject Matter Expert responses addressing Incident and Problem management
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- 3+ years' demonstrated experience in operating the data protection solutions utilising EMC data protection suite
- Demonstrated experience in operating storage solutions utilising EMC and/or HDS
- Demonstrated ability in applying technical knowledge to ensure solutions are implemented effectively and with a strong emphasis on quality and compliance
- Demonstrated experience in producing data protection and storage design documentation
- Experience in facilitating the continuous improvement of data protection and storage systems
- Sound understanding of Windows and Unix operating systems
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to obtain an NV1 Federal Government Security Clearance to apply.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Sophia Ahmad on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 195334.
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.