Our client has a dominant presence within the Utilities Sector. They are currently seeking a Data Platform Designer on an Initial 6 Month Contract. In this role you would be providing solution leadership within the Enterprise Data and Analytics tribe to assist in meeting current and future needs of the organisation.
In this role, your responsibilities can be broken down:
- 50% - be 'hands-on' and deliver technical designs for assigned components, and contribute to code on critical projects and PoC's as required
- 30% - work with assigned data engineers onsite and offshore and enable the team translate design to code and business outcomes
- 20% - Performs code reviews and ensures high quality deliverables from a technical standpoint
To be successful for the role, you would ideally have the following skill set:
- Hands-on experience implementing Big data solutions as a senior developer or a technical designer
- Strong experience with Big Data and cloud technologies and services (preferably azure).
- Experience developing software code in one or more programming languages (Python strongly preferred)
- Strong experience & background in Data warehousing solutions and patterns with strong understanding of data modelling techniques (Data Vault 2.0 preferably)
- Guide and mentor developers and help remove blockers during the development life cycle.
- Experience with Agile DevOps delivery methodology and experience with CI/CD (Jenkins, GitHub, Azure Devops)
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please contact Lizbeth Delos Reyes and quote job #206296