Data Office Chapter Lead
This enterprise-sized, rapidly growing organisation in Newcastle is undergoing a huge digital transformation and is in the process of building up their IT team and practice. With this transformation being driven from the top, there's nothing to slow or stop an exciting change within a well-established organisation.
The Data Office Chapter Lead, reporting into the Chief Information Officer will be responsible for supervising all digital and data platforms utilised in CN and ensuring the integrity of data collected. The Data Office Chapter Lead acts as a line manager for the data office chapter, focusing on coaching and helping the chapter (and its people) grow as a function. The role acts as a primary interface within the business through Product Managers.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Lead and support a team of Data Analysts and Data Architects engaged in the work activities associated with identification, collation and analysis of current data sets for data analysis.
- Act as the centre of excellence for data and guide best practice data management and usage.
- Lead the development and maintenance of front-end dashboards, forms, and other tools to facilitate the interaction with data management systems for CN.
- Identify Risks and Issues with existing data.
- Develop relevant policies and procedures.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Management or a related qualification, and/or demonstrated capability through past employment experience.
- Experience and understanding of solution domains, such as security, infrastructure, network, application frameworks, open interface frameworks and databases.
- Foundation in data analysis and systems development lifecycles (SDLC), including requirements analysis, design, and test techniques.
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and external clients alike.
- Experience in developing, maintaining and managing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including vendors.
This is a rare permanent opportunity to be part of a large and ongoing transformation with an organisation that is very visible and touches many aspects of everyday life. For your efforts you'll enjoy a great work life balance and unique benefits including a 35-hour work week and flex time.
If you are ready for a change and tired of the Sydney commute this is the perfect opportunity to make your move.