Our Federal Government Client is seeking Data Modellers
This is a long-term contract role for 12 months with 2x 12 months extension options, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Develop and enhance data models with adherence to ACDW data architecture principles and data modelling templates, methods and standards.
- Assist the Business analyst in understanding and identifying the business needs of data.
- Develop the conceptual and logical data models supporting the requirements. Update the conceptual and logical models in the appropriate folder within the ER Studio Repository.
- Query and interpret data using efficient and effective SQL and provide sound advice on complex data/information related matters to deliver quality solutions
- Work with the Data Analyst in identifying the data structures and relationships that exist in the available sources of data including data flows, lineage and definitions.
- Work with the Solutions Designer and Data Analyst to identify gaps in the data, structures and
- relationships of new data required/acquired, processes to be developed around the data including derivation of values, data cleansing and conversion where applicable.
- Translate the logical model into the physical model, taking into account data availability, constraints and processes around the data.
- Update the physical model in ER Studio.
- Design the physical tables, noting primary keys and data types.
- Provide advice to data modelling stream lead for continuous improvement, taking into account industry best practices.
- Responsible for the following artefact : Data Models, Release document, DDL SQL scripts.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in IT; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3- 5 years experience of database design and development
- Strong understanding of MDM (Master Data Management)
- Data modelling - dimensional and ERD, and awareness of data vault
- Various database platforms (i.e. Oracle, SQL Server )
- XML schema design, ER Studio or similar
- Data management principles such as Metadata management, Data governance and Data quality
- Strong liaison and interpersonal skills including the ability to:
- Engage with requesting business areas and other project stakeholders
- Discuss technical matters with both technical and non-technical staff
- Negotiate outcomes between business and technical areas
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team undertaking multiple projects and maintenance
- activities with potentially competing priorities
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently have Baseline Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: #237775
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.