About the Role
The Data Migration Lead will be responsible for migrating data from a legacy platform to cloud based platform. The Data Migration Lead will be expected to hit the ground running and will use their expertise and attention to detail to help the project achieve a robust and comprehensive data migration approach.
Success for this role will rely on the individual's ability to deliver in a fast paced and highly dynamic environment, be a good cultural fit and an ability to challenge and drive thinking in new directions.
- Lead the data migration stream of work.
- Prepare key data migration products including the Data Migration Strategy/Approach, plan, specifications, and data archiving considerations.
- Work with business and technical SMEs to identify, define and detail out the data migration requirements.
- Undertake data profiling for datasets including identifying, analysing, and remediating data quality issues.
- Ensure Data Integrity and Data quality is preserved.
- Create source to target data mappings and document the transformation rules.
- Design, implement and execute data migration audit and reconciliation.
- Migration of data using multiple technologies.
- Provide guidance to the project team and transferring knowledge and skills to these team members.
- Provide analysis on complex issues and contribute to the management, preparation, and coordination of policy formulation and/or project management.
- May be required to supervise a team to ensure high quality outputs, including the development of team members at lower classifications, building team capacity, and encouraging career development.
- Develop and support key internal and external relationships, including managing stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals. In addition, represent the agency by promoting its interests in various forums.
- Provide accurate specialist advice, guidance and reporting on team functional responsibilities.
- Make and communicate decisions using good judgement, expertise, and knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or relevant operating instructions and procedures.
- Contribute to doctrine, election preparation and delivery activities in accordance with the election readiness framework, according to individual accountabilities and responsibilities.
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time.
You will have
- Proven experience in data migration planning and execution from a legacy platform to modern tech platform.
- Demonstrated experience in designing data models and design artefacts.
- Ability to lead and determine suitable data migration performance measures.
- Experience in SQL Server Reporting Services (SQL/SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS ETL).
- Strong understanding of security and privacy best practices.
- Previous experience as Data Migration Lead.
- Experience in Cloud-based technologies.
- Experience of data migration staging, ETL process and tools.
- Knowledge and experience in successfully setting priorities and delivering quality results on time and on budget.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations across a geographically dispersed network.
- Proven analytical abilities with the ability to propose and facilitate change and contribute to business improvement strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff while developing capabilities, encouraging career development, and promoting professionalism.
- Demonstrated personal integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and policy parameters.
For more information or to apply, please contact Ateet Jaiswal on 02 6245 1707 quoting Job Reference: 244105