If you are looking for a career opportunity as a Data Migration Engineer with a global technology leader, and not just another job, then we would like to introduce you to our client.
This is for a permanent employment, based in their Canberra location.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Understand and analyzes customer requirements, data format specifications, interface specifications etc.
- Identifies, defines and communicates technical tasks that need to be performed
- Manage activities around Linux, shellscript, XML, java
- Create documentation such as test summary reports, exceptions reports
- Create and execute Test cases as part of the overall testing strategy
- Deploy solutions to specific environments in line with relevant change approvals / releases
- Communicate progress, issues and identified risks daily
- Participate in design and planning activities,
- Support planning by breaking larger tasks into smaller ones and estimating effort for specific tasks.
- Maintain or acquire required skills as product and assignments evolve.
Experience & background
- Demonstrable Experience with source control and issue tracking systems (e.g. SVN, JIRA).
- Sound knowledge of ETL processes and tools needed to successfully execute Data Migration
- Sound Knowledge of databases (SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in similar roles 4+ years
- Experience in maintaining multiple versions of software using SVN
- Experience with Java Enterprise Edition and JBOSS application server.
- Experience with platforms for building enterprise business process applications with custom workflows.
- Experience with Java programming language
- Experience in Agile or hybrid delivery methodologies
Due to the security requirements, this role is open to Australian Citizens who have the ability to obtain security clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: #240351
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.