Our Federal Government Client is seeking a motivated and experienced Data Storage Integration Specialist for a contract role. This is a 12 month contract opportunity and requires an NV1 clearance to apply.
The role of Data Storage Integration Specialist is a senior technical position, and is responsible for specialist technical support, integration, and sustainment of scientific computing storage platforms and deliverables in line with organisational strategies and operational requirements. The role also incorporates a mentoring and knowledge transfer role, including development, and knowledge transfer to data storage team members.
Within this role you will:
- Provide specialist skills required to support the organisations Data Storage requirements architecture for research data services.
- Support the Data Storage Technical Leader to optimise the outcomes of the Client's strategy, operation plan initiative and architecture framework through leading and delivery of technical solutions and services; in planning, design and architecture, implementation and configuration, and sustainment.
- Provide broad and in-depth technical understanding of the requirements for the deployment, configuration, maintenance and use of Scientific Computing Platforms including hosting platforms and high-performance computing, data storage and protection infrastructure, and data management disciplines/practices.
- Provide technical mentoring of staff by providing technical and procedural guidance
- Possess demonstrated understanding of the requirements to deploy and support multiple operating environments, including Unix, Linux, and Windows.
- Maintain services through monitoring, reporting, conducting incident/problem response analyses and supporting the Data Storage Team Lead in work and investment planning.
- Implement capability enhancements through monitoring, identifying gaps, user engagement and feedback, requirements gathering, documenting recommendations/proposals and implementing improvement strategies.
- Drive improvements to the operational effectiveness through the maintenance and development of relevant documents and process.
- Adapt and/or develop original techniques/procedures/equipment/ concepts/ideas in support of existing and further research.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, collaborate and work effectively across organisational boundaries and levels with initiative and autonomy. Demonstrated ability to work in a team that is geographically dispersed and technically diverse.
- Extensive experience with configuring, administering and managing the following storage technologies or their equivalent: HDS, DDN, Pure Storage; modular and enterprise arrays, Brocade SAN switches, IBM and StorageTek tape libraries and Commvault data protection and recovery systems.
- Experience with hierarchical storage management software such as SGI DMF, parallel file systems such as GPFS and Lustre and HDS HNAS appliances and storage archive technologies.
- Practical experience in delivering: platforms to optimise end to end digital workflows; and associated infrastructure performance tuning.
- Have a proven ability to effectively manage a number of competing priorities simultaneously and carry out non-routine tasks under broad direction from Senior Technical/Research staff.
- Have a proven ability to anticipate problems in ambiguous situations, develop appropriate solutions based on through evaluation and interpretation, and defend the conclusions with reasoned arguments.
- Have significant experience in a technical specialist role maintaining the service delivery aspects of enterprise scale research/enterprise data services including storage, protection, data management, processing, transfer, manipulation and optimisation.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Kasey O'Halloran on 02 6245 1740
Job Reference: 184492, advising of which role you are interested in.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold an Australian Government NV1 security clearance.
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.