Initial contract till 31st August 2023 + up to 24 months extension
Brisbane CBD location
As a Data Ethicistfor our client, you will be a data ethics champion, working under limited direction of the National Manager and senior leaders.
You will apply your knowledge and understanding of data ethical considerations to undertake a review of the current Data Trust and Ethics Framework and associated DataTEST and deliver the second iteration.
You will analyse and identify how to improve the current process to further embed the Framework throughout the agency. You will establish and implement this process.
You will enable and empower business teams to implement data ethics best practice in their
work, demonstrating how to apply the current 6 principles.
You will support the agency embed ethically by design data and analytics activities to build community trust and confidence in our services.
You will use your knowledge and expertise to coach, develop and inspire team members within the Section and beyond in data trust and ethics with a customer centric focus.
Data Ethicists will be responsible for conducting reviews and providing recommendations to the Data Trust and Ethics Committee
* Experience with risk-based ethics governance frameworks or ethics policy development.
* Experience developing ethical data or AI processes and practices.
* Able to analyse and consider the effectiveness of the current 6 principles in the Framework and DataTEST culminating in the delivery of the second iteration.
* Able to identify and challenge un-safe, un-ethical approaches in a co-operative way, resolving any potential issues.
* Able to provide impartial, user-centred perspectives, considering the trust and ethical implications of new technology and working methods
* Able to provide assessments and views about the ethical basis of data initiatives within the agency and their impact on trust.
* Develop clear and defined work plans and timeframes for self and business team
* Able to simplify and clearly communicate data trust and ethics principles or concerns to stakeholders via conversation, documentation and presentations.
* Be able to establish clear work plans for self and provide relevant artefacts to support the development of iteration two of the Framework and DataTEST, and the implemented process.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Bharti Chandramouli on 07 3003 7643 quoting reference 248250.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.