Is a leading government tech agency and they are looking for a number of Data Engineers. This is a 12-month contract with the possibility of extension, and requires the ability to obtain a Baseline clearance.
This is a great chance to work in an inclusive team and to interact with peers from around the world in working on open data and open-source software. This role will involve working with data scientists to deliver real-world impact and insight into water use across Australia's east coast.
In this role you will:
- Work with scientists and software engineers to create and maintain operational data processing pipelines and robust scientific workflows.
- Provide technical advice to software engineers, data scientists and executive stakeholders via Slack, Github, email and formal documentation
- Work with a diverse team to continue to develop and maintain the Open Data Cube
- Develop maintainable and well documented code
- Work with cloud engineers to help build and run cloud native solutions
To be successful you will have:
- Experience with Linux system administration and relevant scripting languages.
- Experience with Python and/or similar programming languages.
- Experience in delivering and maintaining operational software Experience with source control management and related processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Working knowledge of AWS and infrastructure as code Experience with geospatial information systems and OGC web services
Apply now for immediate consideration - Job Reference: #208357.
Contact Priya Kuncham for more information.
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.