Data Engineer / Developer
- Initial 6-month contract working with mining clients
- Based close to the Perth CBD
- Key technologies are PowerBI, HTML5 & MS BI stack
An IT consulting company is seeking a Data Engineer/ Developer for an initial 6-month contract based close to the Perth CBD. The role work within a team of developers and will work across various clients including those in the mining/ resources sector.
- Support existing dashboards & work on various development projects;
- Development work with dashboards;
- Engage in development work based on with high-level requirements;
- Provide capability & training around data practices;
- Enable better data citizens and be involved in some prototyping work;
- Sort out how to access the data;
- Utilize mobile platforms;
- Delivery and support work.
- Commercial development experience with PowerBI, HTML5 & MS BI stack;
- Experience with Data sources including Oracle, SQL server databases & SSAS data warehouses;
- AWS & data lakes in the cloud;
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills;
- Strong ability to multitask;
- Ability to work based on high level requirements;
- Be able to challenge stakeholders in regard to design thinking and improvements, when required.
- Any experience in the mining sector would be highly regarded, but is not mandatory;
- Possible travel to mine sites or the airport may be required.
If you have the required experience for this role, please apply now via the link below. Suitable candidates will be contacted for a confidential discussion.
Contact: Lisa Williams (08) 9423 1400 (Job reference: 201469)