Our client, a Government Department are seeking a Data Engineer / Data Analyst to join their team. This role is an initial 2 month contract with likely extensions thereafter and will be based in Brisbane CBD.
- Hands-on, proven commercial experience with Hadoop, Parquet files (Azure Data Lake), Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory and Azure SQL (+ any other storage options).
- Strong Azure stack with proven experience in Data Lake establishment and delivery
- Experience in data munging, manipulation, cleansing and blending from multiple data sources and exposure to various data types and storage paradigms
- Familiarity with Python - Jupyter Notebooks
- Familiarity with Azure Machine Learning
- Familiarity with Power BI ML/ Data Science visualisations in addition to Reporting / Dashboard development.
- You have strong understanding of software development patterns & practices and their values, specific experience with ETL and ELT patterns.
- Familiarity with similar AWS and Google stack components would be a bonus but not essential to this role
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis, data modelling, data integration, data warehousing and database design
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Microsoft Power BI /DAX/ R, Python
- Azure Qualifications - Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL storage, Azure Data Lake (Hadoop)
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services, or Microsoft SQL server Analysis Services
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. Apply Now! Or contact Vidya Sadawarte on 07 3319 7501 for a confidential discussion for more information.