About the Role
This role is responsible for the design and implementation of Application Programming Interface (APIs) or key internal and external interfaces, primarily for the Reporting Entity System Transformation (REST) program.
The design and implementation of these APIs are vital to the provision of high throughput as well as be intuitive for internal and external clients to use (e.g. follow best practice for documentation).
This role is also responsible for the co-ordination of the weekly release process, which delivers changes into the production environments.
The Data Engineer will work collaboratively with management and across development teams to assist with the delivery and enhancement of new and existing projects.
You will have
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Excellent development skills in Java and Scala.
- Extensive experience in building and documenting client facing interfaces (i.e. APIs) using the springboot framework.
- Hands on experience using parallel processing technologies including Apache Spark, Kafka and the Elastic stack (Kibana, Logstash, Elasticsearch).
- Experience in choosing & writing efficient processing algorithms.
- Ability to co-ordinate a release across a medium sized team, including release documentation for sign off.
- Ability to write complex and optimized queries against both SQL and NoSQL data stores.
- Previous experience with containerisation tools and processes.
- An understanding of Continuous Delivery techniques and tools (including Jenkins).
For more information or to apply, please contact Josie Bandiola on 02 9054 8710 quoting Job Reference: 242997