As a key member of the team, you will provide agile development, management and support for a suite of in house developed & proprietary applications, analytics, databases, big data tools and supporting technologies within a high- availability environment.
With strong analytical capabilities you will also be able to translate user stories into modern dashboards and predictive analytics that support business needs whilst optimising backend services for data ingestion, transformation, integration and data lifecycle management across multiple high performance and big data platforms. This includes establishing and supporting democratised BI tooling such as data visualisation tools, machine learning and AI data scientist workbenches to enable further growth within the business.
- 5+ years' experience in software and data engineering as part of agile teams supporting big data and high availability production systems (preferably within commodity/energy/financial trading and/or utility retail/b2b).
- Strong experience optimising data pipelines incl. establishing data ingestion & transformation patterns, and use of data visualisation solutions to support delivery of multi-dimensional insights, AI and ML solutions
- Good understanding of modern OLTP and OLAP databases, data
- warehousing, data structures and optimisation of modern Cloud Database
- Services (e.g. Snowflake), as well as Traditional RDBMS (Oracle, SQL etc)
- Working knowledge in Azure DevOps and Atlassian product suites
- Strong working experience in Agile/Scrum software delivery methodology
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing data from various internal & external location, utilising microservice-led architectures and modern integration platforms Boomi/Matillion.
- Experience migrating existing pipelines and integrations (such as Oracle Datawarehouse's and DataStage Jobs) to cloud environments
- Strong continuous improvement mindset and the ability to deliver solutions with optimised lifecycles from cradle to grave
- Experience in Source Code Management & Packaging, Build/Release Pipelines and Monitoring
- Understanding of both the regulated and unregulated energy markets within Australia.
- Knowledge of data visualisation tools (Tableau, including Data Prep and Catalog modules) and data science/ML workbenches (Matlab, Azure ML etc)
- Knowledge of both Salesforce and Oracle services
- Good understanding of secure coding best practices
For more details call Elisha Saggar / Donna Prince at 30037646 and quote the job number 207340.