Our client is a reputable brand within the finance sector. They are seeking a Data Engineer to join their team and assist in the design and build of a new data platform. The Data engineer will work collaboratively with end users, business analysts, and developers.
The Data Engineer will be responsible for:
- Design and develop solutions to schedule and at a high level of quality
- Work with end users and business analysts to understand business processes, procedures and user requirements and design data models that are fit for purpose
- Develop standards and guidelines for the development processes and including data quality
- Be an active participant in solution design review and estimation workshops
- Work with data quality and test analysts to recommend process automation
- Work with support team on problem diagnosis of problems and recommend resolutions
- Provide solution direction, advice and support to the developers
The ideal candidate will have:
- Prior experience as a Data Engineer or a Senior Software Engineer with development background.
- Strong experience working with cloud technologies, AWS is preferred
- Strong understanding of infrastructure, network and contemporary tools
- Strong understanding of database design & development concepts
- Snowflake and Redshift experience.
- Hands-on experience in Data lake/warehouse modelling (Inmon/kimball) reference model: Teradata FSLDM, Information FrameWork model