Our Federal Government Client is seeking an experienced Data Engineer to work on developing and applying scalable data science workflows for expansive projects. In this position, you will create data pipelines and processing techniques that work in both supercomputer and in cloud computing environments.
This is a great opportunity to work in an inclusive team and to interact with peers from around the world in working on open data and open source software.
This is a contract opportunity starting ASAP until 30 June 2021 and requires candidates to be Australian Citizens to apply.
In this position, you will:
- Create and maintain operational data processing pipelines and explore new ways of processing data that save time and deliver improved outcomes
- Work with cloud engineers to help build and run cloud native solutions
- Join program-wide coordination ceremonies such as daily stand ups, three-week sprints and program increment planning
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate:
- Extensive experience with Python and/or similar programming languages
- Extensive experience with source control management and related processes
- Working knowledge of AWS and infrastructure as code
- Knowledge of Linux system administration and relevant scripting languages
- Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems, PostgreSQL and PostGIS highly desired
Due to security requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Peggy Jones on 02 6245 1726 quoting Job Reference: 202185
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.