- Initial 6-month contract
- Perth CBD location
- Seeking skills in Python, R & Spark
A leading IT consultancy based in the Perth CBD is seeking an experienced Data Engineer for an initial 6-month contract. We are seeking experience with big data and cloud technologies, which includes areas such as Python, R and Spark.
- Design, develop and implement data pipeline architectures using native cloud services or bespoke custom architectures;
- Build infrastructure required to extract, transform and load data from a wide variety of legacy data sources into a scalable data lake platform;
- Use the latest tools to create and maintain metadata catalogues;
- Create automated data load jobs that are easy to support, maintain and debug;
- Develop simple data models from complex data structures.
- Strong , recent experience in a Data Engineering role with technologies listed below;
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets;
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring and optimization, and database storage technologies;
- Strong analytical skills working with both structured and unstructured data;
- Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Information Systems.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark and Kafka;
- Experience with relational SQL, NOSQL, Graph databases;
- Experience with AWS Cloud Native Services: Glue, DataPipeline, Redshift, AWS Data Lake, RDS, Lambda, AWS CLI, and SAM;
- Infrastructure as Code Scripting and deployments;
- CI/CD, DevOps Methodologies.
If you have the skills and experience for this position, please apply now via the link below. Suitable candidates will be contacted for a confidential discussion.
Please note: we will consider Eastern States and Internationally based candidates who possess Full Australian Work Rights and who can relocate to Perth within approximately 4 weeks.
Contact: Chathu Jayawardena (08) 9423 1426 - (Job reference: 199270)