Our CBD based client is currently looking for a Data Engineer to complete a 12-month contract.
Primary activities will include translating business requirements into technical code, utilising your extensive BI Skills and working with UI and visual design.
About the Role:
This detailed technical and analytical position will be responsible for managing and organising complex data to identify trends or inconsistencies that might or could impact business goals. This will include the preparation of data for analytical and operational use within both structured and unstructured data sets.
This will be achieved through gaining a detailed understanding of key business decisions to determine exactly how to make the data available to support these decisions and the associated data modelling for analysis and reporting tools.
This will include the need to convey to external service providers how data is to be provisioned to meet requirements and reviewing the quality of the data output throughout project execution.
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology, Data Analytics or related discipline and / or extensive and demonstrated practical expertise knowledge and industry expertise
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience in the support, analysis, data modelling, extraction and implementation of data structures and / or reporting applications
- Advanced working Qlik knowledge and experience working with Qliksense (including Extensions, widgets and Qlik NPrinting) and Qlikview
- Responsible for managing and organising complex data to identify trends or inconsistencies.
- Provide detailed technical expertise in relation to modelling, data extraction and reporting, analytics based on specifications from the business, and to ensure appropriate linkages to existing applications and other data processing systems,
- Strong knowledge of data analysis and reporting tools (e.g. QLIK)
- Provide input for the provisioning of data in relevant formats across all projects
- Strong data analytical skills related to working with data and processes to identify opportunities for improvement
- Prepare documentation in support of data discovery, analysis and reporting components on programs and projects
- Develop data set processes for data modelling, mining and production and recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Support and deliver continuous improvement and innovation within the team
To be eligible for this role you will need to have full working rights in Australia and be able to commence work within a reasonable timeframe (2-4 weeks). Please apply now with an updated Word CV.