Our Government Client is seeking a detail-orientated Data Engineer to work on a large body of work where they will be developing code and processes to ingest data into the Data Lake and transform it into useable, conformed data sets ready for analysis and reporting.
This is a contract starting ASAP for 6 months and will be located at our Client's Canberra CBD offices.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate:
- Experience building and optimising big data pipelines, architecture and data sets
- Success in manipulating, processing and extracting value from large and disconnected data sets
- Experience using contemporary tools and platforms including SQL, Hadoop, Apache Drill, Power BI, Spark, MapR, Python, StreamSets or Jupyter notebook
- Experience in designing and developing scalable code for the extraction, transformation and loading of data
- Experience in developing, maintaining and testing infrastructures for data generation
- The ability to work within an Agile and/or DevOps environment
- The ability to work with multiple stakeholders in delivering successful projects
- The ability to maintain open source and internal source code repositories including TFS Git and GitHub
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Peggy Jones on 02 6245 1726 quoting Job Reference: 191448
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.