- Leading insurance company
- Potential long-term contract
- Sydney CBD Close to public transport
Our client is looking for a Data Engineer to work on large migration project. You will play a key role in transitioning data from a recently purchased business to new life insurance business.
Experience and skills required:
Technical Capabilities required (best match):
· Strong Postgre SQL Background, with capability to understand and write SQL with a performance mindset
· Strong Unix Background, able to work and navigate on Unix environments.
· Strong understanding of Mass Parallel Processing (MPP) Databases (Netezza & Redshift)
· Proficient with version control tools Stash/Bitbucket and Source Tree
· Strong understanding of data structures and how to optimise data delivery for different BI
Reporting tools (Tableau & Cognos)
· Strong programming skills and ability to learn new programming techniques and languages
· Able to understand and write Unix scripts
· Able to understand and write Perl scripts
· Able to understand and write Java
· Optional: Python, JSON and Ruby.
· Ability to rapidly acquire an understanding of complex business problems/requirements to develop solutions and designs, regardless of existing areas of expertise or specialization.
· Ability to define complex and innovative technical solutions to business problems with due consideration to the business problem, group synergies and commercial reality
· Ability to take a "big picture" view to innovatively solve complex technical problems
BI Delivery Practices
· Adopt Unit Testing approach by utilising Test-Driven Development Framework
· Adopt client change management practices for Data Engineering Delivery
· Adopt and contribute to Data Engineering Delivery coding practices and standards
· Able to demonstrate ability to apply DevOps practices across diverse architectures
· Utilising Version Control and adopting Branching strategies for Continuous Build
· Utilising Automated Unit Testing capabilities with tools such as DBFit
· Utilising Automated Deployment capabilities for Continuous Integration (Usage of Jenkins for CI
· Good presentation and communication skills
· Strong analytical ability with a capability to pitch technical information to staff at multiple levels within the organisation (including non-technical audiences)
· Strong analytical, design and consultative skills
· Sound written and verbal communication skills
· Sound customer service and communication skills
· Proven Diagnostic and Troubleshooting skills
Please submit CV in WORD format ONLY.
Ref: 202 893