Our client is a leader within the Australian financial services industry based in Melbourne's CBD.
They are undertaking a large program of work to uplift customer experience and business capabilities. They seek a Data Designer/Developer to join their Enterprise Data team. The the Data Designer will be responsible for interpreting and wrangling data into relevant, actionable data visualisations on individual, self- service dashboards to provide insights to stakeholders for driving data-based decisions. This is a small close-knit team looking for a Data Designer to join for an initial 6-month contract.
The Data Designer/Developer will be responsible for:
- Work with solution lead to design and build the required metrics and dashboards based on business requirements
- Creatively transform data into a story by developing intuitive data visualisation dashboards
- Generate solution design documentation
- Develop a quality and maintainable code base which will be unit tested against acceptance criteria
- Understand and implement CI/CD methods of code
- Perform story decomposition from the provided Features and Epics
- Contribute to and lead (when required) various Agile rituals, standups, sprint kick-offs, walk throughs, and showcases
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience within an Australian banking and finance enterprise as a data designer/developer
- Practical knowledge in creating both ER and Dimensional Data Models
- Strong data visualisation and data storytelling capabilities
- Advanced technical data visualisation skills with Tableau developing dashboards
- Experience with Informatica Powercenter and ETL processes
- Stakeholder management skills, able to manage expectations, explain technical ideas to the nontechnical and secure buy-in from stakeholders
- Solutions focused, creative analytical thinker who offers knowledge and ideas willing to the team
- Highly organized, strong time management skills thus ability to meet agressive deadlines
If this sounds like you don't hesitate to apply (with your resume in Word format) as applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Please note**This opportunity is available to Australian citizens and permanent residents who have full working rights.