- Initial 6 months contract
- Large Date Centre Relocation Project
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Data Centre Engineer to join its IT team on a contract basis. Working closely with the Data Centre Manager you will be responsible for providing expert services in relation to implementing, managing, operating and supporting the monitoring of the IT Server environment. You will ensure the data centres operate within their defined metrics and to maximize uptime for the organisation's server environment.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- At least 4 years' experience in a medium to large scale IT environment as a Data Centre Engineer
- Solid experience in writing policies and procedures and other support documentation.
- PowerShell scripting skills.
- ITIL Foundation certification or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience monitoring IT systems through tools such as Dell OpenManage Essentials, Microsoft SCOM. Nagios would also be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience with server hardware maintenance/repairs and troubleshooting (servers - blades and physical, chassis, other data centre hardware as directed)
- Demonstrated experience in Enterprise level Remote Access technologies with iDRAC/iLO
- Sound understanding of Data Centre procedures for Adds, Deletes