We are seeking an experienced Data Center Server Engineer to work for a leading Global IT Company located in the Perth CBD. The role will be working onsite for a major mining client of theirs.
Candidates must have strong experience in areas such as Virtualisation and Wintel System Infrastructure. We also require experience working within an ITIL Service Management environment as well as excellent communication skills, strong problem solving and customer engagement ability.
Please note: some rotational shift work will be involved:
- as an indication it will be approximately 14 ~12hr shifts a month with the remaining days off.
- Shifts typically will be blocks of 4 consecutive days.
- There will be rotating weekend and night shifts.
- Manage technical operations of VMware and Wintel platforms.
- Design, test and implement enhancements and improvements.
- Monitor platform performance, capacity, availability and compliance.
- Manage and drive platform maintenance activities.
- Take ownership for critical incident resolution, driving issues to closure.
- Rapidly troubleshoot and solve complex technology problems to restore production system availability in a structured, timeous manner.
- Proactively monitor & manage events to maintain critical production systems availability.
- Review, maintain and ensure end-to-end architecture diagrams for critical services to assist in upstream and downstream impact assessment and causal analysis.
- Review root cause of incidents and work with appropriate resources to ensure continuous improvements of technology environment and products.
- Apply effective risk controls to identify potential threats and minimize or remove a business service impacts.
- Maintain and analyze metrics to identify trends, capacity forecasting and planning inputs.
- Plan implementation work in consultation with client management.
- Ensure service management operational processes are applied properly and consistently.
Strong, commercial experience providing data center operations services and expertise to enterprise clients is required, specifically:
- VMWare operations
- Windows Server operations (preferably Microsoft Windows Server 2012)
- Resolution of major incidents
- Monitoring critical infrastructure
Working knowledge of the following is required:
- Storage technologies (preferably EMC technologies - Data Domain, VNX, Isilon).
- Compute technologies, including CI and HCI platforms (preferably EMC VxBlock, VxRail, Cisco UCS).
- Microsoft SCCM, SCOM
- IT Service Management processes and tools (preferably ServiceNow).
- Microsoft HyperV
- IP Networking
- Load balancing
- Storage networking
- Automation technologies
- Ability to excel under pressure and tight deadlines and work effectively in high stress situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and succinctly articulate technical concepts and status to management teams.
- Strong relationship skills and ability to build relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Effectively work with global operations teams.
The perks of the job!
- Work for a leading, global IT company.
- An opportunity to work for a client in the mining industry.
- Friendly, supportive team environment.
- Permanent role.
- Perth CBD location.
If you are interested and have the skills/ experience that we are seeking, please apply now with a suitable resume. You will be contacted if considered suitable.