- Initial 6 months contract
- Competitive Rate
Our client a leader in its field is currently looking for an experienced Data Centre Manager to work on a large data centre relocation. In this role you will be responsible for assisting with the setup, build, move and decommission of two main Datacentres. You will also be responsible for creating 'best practice' procedures for supporting the IT infrastructure in the new environments.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage and support the primary data centres to ensure SLAs are achieved and the data centre environment uptime is maximized.
- Lead the Data Centre team to ensure a productive work unit to support the data centres and to maintain an on call 2nd level response function for the data centres.
- Manage a data centre usage plan and the allocation of space to new infrastructure (servers/storage/backup/network).
Essential Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience in a Data Centre management role with accountability and responsibility for budget management, and small team management.
- Ability to manage customer/stakeholder expectations in the pursuit of improved services and closer working relationships.
- Ability to be proactive, tenacious and pragmatic problem solver.
- Demonstrated experience in vendor management and driving vendor performance.
- Demonstrated experience with Hardware Maintenance activities in Enterprise Server environments
- Demonstrated experience in Enterprise level Remote Access technologies with iDRAC/iLO or similar technologies
- Sound understanding of Data Centre procedures for Adds, Deletes and Changes
- Ability to describe Data Centre design concepts, limitations and risk reduction strategies.
- Ability and capacity to direct and monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the safety management system.
- Excellent Communication Skills